Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Friday the 13th: Night


So you've seen the huge blessing I've been frothing at the mouth over which was the opportunity to shoot a huge summer ad campaign. It's my biggest job to date, not to mention my first paying modelling job. Can you all believe that s#*t??
But of course everyone has to learn that hard work and patience pay off, so if any of you reckon the future is looking bleak (with a modelling career or elsewhere), stick it out! Your moment is coming!

Anyway, on to the Night: The Free Creative Fashion Show @ Goldfields Auditorium, NMMU North Campus

12:30 pm: Run off the beach and onto a bus to Newton Park, hair appointment!


2:00 pm: NAP-TIME

5:00 pm: Arrive at North Campus for hair by Best Hair Salon and make-up by Stephanie Saskia and Co.





6:30 pm: Squeeze in  a little backstage posing with the other models




7:00 pm: Showtime
(apologies for the grainy photos)







8:30 pm: Final deliberation. Wait backstage with baited breath as the designers and models to go through to the final Collective show are announced. Don't hear your name though.

Yup, I didn't make it through this one folks, I have to say it got me pretty down for the rest of the night but I made a decision to just be thankful for all I actually had gotten and the new friends I'd made in the process.

Guess Friday the 13th had to get me somehow, eh? ;P

(Pic by Thomas Bekker)


Check out our backstage photographers Thomas Bekker and Astrid Bradley's Facebook pages for more behind the scenes action ;)

Bisoux,
J.

xx