Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Retail Therapy and Harsh Realities

What's up, chickens!

So I spent all of yesterday in my PJs watching Desperate Housewives and blog-surfing...I reckon maybe it's time to get off my ass and post something..?
I've gotta say, what a great shopping weekend it turned out to be. Thanks to The 254 D-Word sale I bragged about before it even happened, I found (and pounced on) the gold long-sleeved backless dress that I've been dreaming of! As soon as I get it shortened, I can't wait to rock it at X-mas dinner à la Kate Hudson at SAG 2010/ Sienna Miller as Edie Sedgwick in Factory Girl. Thanks again to The 254 D-Word for the discounts!





Be sure to watch my new LOOKBOOK.nu page where I'll post my other weekend finds and spontaneous outfit ideas!


Now, I'm getting suuuuper pumped for my move down south next year =D So much so that I e-mailed 5 modeling agencies yesterday expressing my interest and uh...not-so-fab news, I'm afraid! Most of them are based in Cape Town and/or Jo'burg so can't represent me and the one I would consider that's based in PE wrote back to say that work is "extremely limited" in the Eastern Cape but to get in touch when I get there anyway. *Sigh* I will still try and see what happens but Im beginning to think that during uni, the whole modeling thing's going to have to take a back seat. Ironic really, if you consider how much bigger the SA fashion industry as a whole is than the Kenya one.
At the end of the day though, it's your education that nobody can take away from you, right?......Right?

I'm gonna go have a panic attack now as I figure out what on EARTH I'm going to blog to you lot about! Eeeeep!

J.
xx