Monday, 12 December 2011

Of Egg Whites and Mountain Worship

Ello 'ello 'ello!

Happy Jamhuri day Kenya! *_* (How fantastical is the Google banner today)


Once again, I apologize for the gap between posts...I have been in the wilderness all weekend though, Amboseli to be precise. Two nights at the beautiful Satao Elerai camp at the foot of the glorious Mt. Kilimanjaro got me thinking mountain-worshippers/devotees may be onto something! I won't be converting any time soon, though ;)

Right, back to business now. A wee bit hard, since my phone got stolen- get this- while I was out partying and had left it at my friend's house. Just my luck. No worries though, I've got a pretty promising meeting tomorrow about reviving the fashion segment of a kick-ass up-and-coming Nairobi magazine which I'm a huge fan of...won't say which one though until it's final! :P

Apart from that, I've been busy perfecting my work-out and beauty regimes which has been interesting. Below are a few tips for all you stunners (ladies and gents alike).


  • Never underestimate the power of a good gym playlist. Or at least a good distraction. I, for example, have taken to picking the treadmills that face the swimming pool outside my gym. Especially when the ripped bald guy is teaching little kids the backstroke. Rawr.
  • A simple home steam-facial once a week for about 15 minutes is a great skin-clearing routine. It opens up your pores putting your skin in prime condition to absorb all the goodness of a face mask. If you like, you could add some green tea or eucalyptus oil for extra benefits. You can totally chuck the water in a bath afterwards too and save the earth like a green goddess/god. Green is the new black, dahlings!
  • The newest mask I've discovered is the egg white solution. This is amazing for reducing the size of pores and getting rid of blackheads. You simply crack and separate an egg- careful not to separate the yolk- and spread it all over your face, avoiding your mouth and eye areas. So it'll smell like a farm up in there but it dries super-quick and makes your skin feel amazing. If you're feeling particularly murderous towards your blackheads, place some tissue over your face, cutting holes for your eyes, nose and mouth. Put some more egg white over your problem areas and rip it off when it's all dry. KILL 'EM DEAD!
That'll be all for this week, thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful week and feel free to comment with health and beauty cheats that work for you!

Peace, Love and Good Vibrations.
xx
J.