Monday, 12 September 2011

"Nothing Like Rejection to Make You Do an Inventory of Yourself"

"I used to save all my rejection slips because I told myself, one day I`m going to autograph these and auction them. And then I lost the box."


These two quotes from James Lee Burke totally ring true to me at the moment. Yesterday, the Elite Model Look casting went great, for the most part, I was praised for my punctuality, complimented on my walk....
But didn't make it through in the end. It turns out, at 166cm tall, I'm EVEN shorter than I'd thought and that was the only thing standing in my way...
Which sucks really, but I'm still here and learned a lot just from listening to Andi, the very talkative, beer-bellied but lovable casting....director? Audition-guy?? :P
Well, (obviously) never pay anybody to "represent" you as a model or have you in their books, and once you're with a great agency, you'll never have to go to auditions again.


So I'm getting into shape, taking care of my skin and hair and if (when) I get a place at university in South Africa early next year, I'll eat, sleep, breath high fashion so I can sign with an agency there...
And NOT get caught up in beauty pageants which most Kenyans seem to think is the same thing. We've a long way to go...#sigh


J.